Saturday, 21 December 2013

Theme of the week: velvet

For this week I have chosen the theme of velvet, I love the feeling of this material and I think its so pretty but not as much as my sister Courtney, she loves velvet and will love this post. Here are some pictures of beautiful velvet clothing and accessories;




 A lot of people don't like the feel of velvet on their skin, they say it feels strange but I think its nice and soft. Do you like the feel of velvet?
Here I am going to tell you a bit about some of these clothes and maybe how you can wear it in different ways.
  1. The first dress is more on the dressy side because off the pretty cut out straps. The colour of this velvet dress is burgundy. I think this would look really nice worn simply with some black heels and spotty tights, don't forget the pretty jewellery.
  2. The second one again is a dress but this plain red velvet skater dress is more of a day dress which you can wear dressy or casual , to dress it up add some heels or some nice delicate flats and definitely some jewellery. For a casual look add a thick, knit cardigan, tights and boots.
  3.  The third picture is of a maroon velvet skater skirt with a black and white baggy top tucked into the skirt which creates a really pretty outfit. I also love the accessories in this look, maybe because I have got a little black satchel and a black bowler hat. This picture is from the blog Elle and Jess.
  4.  These blue velvet leggings look amazing. As you know I don't really like velvet as much as my sister does so when she told me the other week she wanted some velvet leggings I thought they sounded weird but after seeing some velvet leggings who couldn't love them, I know I do!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment